Daily growing Altan
The trees they grow high, and the leaves they do grow green,
树在长高,叶在变绿
Many is the time my true love I've seen,
许多次,我看到我的真爱
Many an hour I have watched him all alone,
几多时,我看到他独自一人
He's young but he's daily growing.
他还年轻,但他正日复一日成长
Father, dear father, you've done me great wrong,
爸爸, 亲爱的爸爸, 你对你的女儿犯下一个巨大的错误
You have married me to a boy who is too young,
你把我嫁给了一个没有成年的男孩
I am twice twelve and he is but fourteen,
我二十四,他十四
He's young but he's daily growing.
他还年轻,但他正日复一日成长
Daughter, dear daughter, I've done you no wrong,
女儿, 亲爱的女儿,我给你的安排并没有错
I have married you to a great lord's son,
我把你嫁给豪门的儿子
He will be a man for you when I am dead and gone,
一旦我老去,他将是你依靠的男人
He's young but he's daily growing
他还年轻,但他正日复一日成长
Father, dear father, if you see fit,
爸爸, 亲爱的爸爸, 如果你认为合适
We'll send him to college for another year yet,
来年过后, 送他读大学吧
I'll tie a blue ribbon all around his head,
我要用蓝绸带缠上他的头
To let the maidens know that he is married.
告诉年轻的女孩, 他已经结婚
One day I was looking over my father's castle wall,
曾有一日我远远眺望,视线越过古老城堡的高墙
I spied all the boys playing with a ball,
我看到一群少年在尽兴玩乐
And my own true love was the flower of them all,
我的心上人仿佛花儿一般,在人群中若烂漫光芒
He's young but he's daily growing.
他是那样年少,但是他日复一日地成长
And so early in the morning at the dawning of the day,
那天清晨,曙光微微现出东方
They went into a hayfield for to have some sport and play,
我的女儿和他的心上人啊一起去干草堆那边游赏
And what they did there she never would declare,
他们的爱情呀,是那样的神秘,她可不开口讲
But she never more complained of his growing.
可是真奇怪啊,自那以后,她不再抱怨他的青涩飞扬
At the age of fourteen he was a married man,
十四岁,他成为已婚男人
At the age of fifteen the father of my son,
十五岁,他已经是我孩子的父亲
At the age of sixteen his grave it was green,
十六岁,他的墓地绿草如茵
And death had put an end to his growing.
死亡终止他的成长
I'll buy my love some flannel, I'll make my love a shroud,
我买来法兰绒,为我的爱人做着尸衣
With every stitch I put in it, the tears they will pour down,
一针下去,泪如雨
With every stitch I put in it, how the tears they will flow,
一针上来,雨是泪
Cruel fate has put an end to his growing.
残酷的命运终结他的成长
这是一首爱尔兰风格的民谣,最初听到是因为青春文学小说龙族中提到,并用以角色的衬托出现。当自己听到一次后就喜欢上了这首歌,象征女儿不解的低沉女声跟象征父亲苍老的浑厚男声,以对话的形式展现了女儿的婚姻与期望,过程与结果。
正如歌名一样,一位少女听从父亲的安排嫁给了比他小很多的少年,少女不明白父亲的用意,担心少年长大时候她已经老了,而苍老的父亲说自己没有做错,自己年迈无法照顾女儿所以才让她嫁入豪门,这样以后她才能有所依靠。
除去命运的捉弄,女儿的不解到中途的接受到最后的悲伤,是这首歌的点睛之笔。我们的人生不也十分相似吗?很多长辈或者老师告诉我们的经验,我们都不能理解或者接受,只有等到自己亲身经历了,才会明白当日的话是以怎样的心情说出来的。而往往那时,已经有很多人离开了。
“我们过去接受的经验与知识,都会在将来被理解。希望在那个将来,传授经验的人仍与我们同在。”
|